Instructions for Doctors
- Instruction Manual -
01 Instructions for use from/of the smartphone application (for Apple & Android devices).
When you are available to respond to citizens’ calls, go to the app and login/sign in using the email address and password you registered with during registration.
Select “Available” as your availability status and wait to be notified when a citizen/patient needs your help.
You may use other apps in the meantime, but we recommend you keep the Doctor Next 2 Me app running in the background, so you are able to immediately answer calls.
When a patient/citizen is calling you, you will receive a notification. Tapping the notification will take you to the app, where you will be prompted to accept or reject the call.
If you do not respond within 40 seconds, the caller will see that you are not available.
If a call stops suddenly, it means that it was cancelled by the caller.
- You should allow the use of the camera and the microphone when prompted by the app.
- Make sure to have sound enabled on the notification settings of your phone.
- Videocalls are not stored as videos and are only documented for statistical reasons.
- If you are not available, update your availability to “not available”. Otherwise, citizens may try contacting you and fail to connect.
- Try to respond as soon as you receive the notification.
02 Instructions for browser use via doctor.dn2me.com. How do I prepare to receive calls?
When you are available to respond to citizens’ calls, visit doctor.dn2me.com on your browser and login using email address and password you registered with during registration.
- Supported by all browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) on Microsoft Windows.
- Supported by Chrome, Firefox and Safari on macOS (Apple laptops/desktops)
- Supported by Chrome and Firefox on Android devices*.
- Supported only by Safari (version 11 or newer) on iOS devices (Apple iPhones) *.
*We recommend using our apps when accessing the device from your smartphone (see previous section).
Select “Available” as your availability status and wait to be notified when a citizen/patient needs your support/advice.
You may use other tabs and pages from your browser, but do not shut the tab with the Doctor Next 2 Me web app (it’s okay to minimise it though).
When someone is calling you, a notification will pop up on the bottom right part/section of the screen and a calling sound will be heard (if you are using the web app from your iPhone you will not get a notification). You should go to the relevant tab and click the notification to either accept or reject the call. If you do not respond within 40 seconds, the caller will be alerted that you are not available. If a call stops suddenly, it means that it was cancelled by the caller.
There is a chance you may experience something unexpected, such as seeing that you are receiving a call but not being notified or the call being cancelled really quickly before you get the chance to respond etc. If this occurs it may mean that you or the caller has not allowed camera and/or microphone access their browser. You must allow camera and microphone access to use the application. Learn how to approve camera and microphone access on various browsers here>>>LINK.
03 What happens if I exit the browser or the web app tab closes or I disconnect?
In such cases, our system automatically changes your availability status to “not available”. This means that you will not be able to receive other calls from the browser.
We recommend you update your availability status (using the relevant switch) when you are not available and logout completely from the application.
04 Call Service Issues
You can read more about our terms of service/use, here:
We will summarise some useful policies below:
- When responding to a call it is helpful to keep a note of the name of the caller and the time when the call occurred, so we are able to assist you in case you experience any issues.
- If a citizen calls you about an issue that is irrelevant to COVID-19 and you do not deem it worthwhile to serve them, let them know politely and refer them to another medical professional. You may also mention this in the on the feedback form which appears after the call is ended (see point 6).
- If a citizen is calling you repeatedly and then hanging up or it appears they are not using the service for a genuine/honest medical concern, please inform us by emailing [email protected]. We look out for people not using the app properly or not for valid reasons, and we may block them if deemed appropriate.
- If you reject calls frequently while being “Available”, we reserve the right to block your account temporarily. When you are not available, you should update your availability status to “Not Available”, not reject calls.
- If you do not respond to a call within 40seconds, it will be automatically rejected. When you are not available, you should update your availability status to “Not Available”, instead of not answering calls.
- After a call has ended, you will be asked to provide a brief feedback statement about the call. This helps us identify improper use of the platform/service Doctor Next 2 Me.
05 What do we share about you with citizens?
The only data that is visible to users of the app are:
- Full name
- If you are a private or public care doctor
- Whether or not you are available
Callers are not privy your personal information such as your email address or telephone number. If you decide to provide the caller with your information for further contact, that is up to you and has nothing to do with the use of the app.
The videocall isn’t stored by our service.
06 Problem solving.
If you are experiencing any problems using the app or are facing any technical difficulties, please contact us on [email protected]
Potential issues we would like to be informed about include:
- Poor quality of a videocall
- The app glitching
- Improper use of the service by caller (it would be helpful to provide their name and/or time the call occurred)